A Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho has stated that the Yoruba Nation rally slated for Saturday, June 3 in Lagos state will take place as planned.
He confirmed this after being declared wanted by the Department of State Services (DSS).
He had been declared wanted after several of his men were detained during a raid on his apartment at the Ibadan Oyo state, on Thursday 1 July in an effort to apprehend him.
During the raid 2 persons were killed, others arrested as the secret police vowed to track down and arrest Igboho.
SSS spokesperson Peter Afunanya said during a press briefing that the officers attended the activist's home and claimed that illegal arms including seven AK-47 rifles and ammunition were recovered from the building.
Igboho, who spoke through his media assistant Olayomi Koiki, in a facebook live broadcast on Sunday, said the rally would take place.
“I can still officially confirm that the Lagos rally will go through as planned, regardless of what news or rumors you've heard from other sources.
“The July 3rd Mega Rally will go off without a hitch. The rally has been meticulously planned, and nothing has changed.
“I spoke with the organizers, and nothing has changed as of yet. 3rd of July from exactly 9:00am in the morning. The whole arrangement and planning is going on,” Sunday Igboho said.
However, Igboho has been warned by the police to stay away from Lagos, saying hoodlums were planning to hijack the protest.
